How Do you Select the Commercial Property or Warehouse To Rent in Pretoria East?
A real estate agent listing a commercial property in Pretoria East should undertake a detailed property inspection before they give any indication of price or rent to a landlord or property owner. In only this way can they really know what the property is all about; that is what positive and negative aspects the property can create as an investment of Factory Space For Rent Near Me .
Every property is different and for that simple reason it pays to have some form of checklist to run through when as an agent you are listing the commercial property in Pretoria East . The focus of the inspection will change depending on whether the property is to be for sale or for lease but here are some of the key issues that you would want to know about in listing of the commercial property for rent.
Interesting Facts About Warehouse and Commercial Property To Rent in Pretoria East :
A warehouse is a commercial building used for storage of goods while warehousing is the process of proper storage and handling of goods and cargo using scientific methods in the warehouse and making them available conveniently when needed. In today's scenario, warehousing is considered as one of the most important aspect of trade.
Need for warehousing
- Some commodities are produced in a particular season only. To ensure their off-season availability, warehousing is needed.
- Some products are produced throughout the year but their demand is seasonal. Warehousing is important in such cases.
- For the companies which opt for large scale production and bulk supply, warehouse is an unavoidable factor.
- Warehousing help companies ensure quick supply of goods in demand.
- Production of goods and their movement of goods are important for the companies for continuous production of goods.
- Warehousing is also important for price stabilization. For necessary goods, the Government stores them in the warehouses and control its supply in the market as per the price fluctuations.
- Another important need of warehousing is for bulk breaking. Consider a trade agent who imports goods from a country for a large number of buyers in his own country. He first takes the goods to his warehouse and break it into small parts for supply to the buyers.
- When it comes to cost saving, warehousing helps the traders with cross docking. All the goods are consolidated in the warehouse and then stuffed into containers as per their destination. This is especially beneficial for small traders who export low quantity of goods.
Characteristics of an ideal warehouse
- It should be conveniently located near highways, railway stations, air ports, sea ports etc. for loading and unloading of goods.
- Mechanical appliances should be there to lift, load and unload goods.
- It should be spacious enough.
- Food storage warehouses should have enough facilities to prevent food from perishing.
- Proper arrangement to save goods from sunlight, dust, rain, moisture and pests should be available.
- Sufficient parking space should be there to facilitate quick and easy loading and unloading of goods.
- Security arrangements should be strict and round the clock.
- Modern and tested firefighting equipment should be installed in the premises.
Warehouse Space For Rent - Learn How to Save Time and Money by Making the Right Rental Decision
A major tool for businesses, especially within the last two decades, is outsourcing. Your company may outsource many services formerly done by internal departments and employees. While many people think of manufacturing and payroll as the major departments that are routinely outsourced, there is one that may surprise you: Warehousing.
Outsourcing your warehousing may be a necessity for your company, especially if you're a company on the East Coast that needs to efficiently get your products to the West Coast, or vice-versa. Renting warehouse space on the opposite end of the country to house your products is a form of outsourcing. Your company will operate more smoothly and save you money when you implement third-party logistics for your shipping, receiving and storage.
You will want to consider leasing a warehouse that will allow you to keep in touch with your inventory. Some warehouses have very high-tech logistics software that will allow you to track your inventory from over the Internet. This will give you the power to track and check your inventory yourself, rather than calling an operator and being put on hold while someone else checks for you.
Third party logistics is an ever-growing trend in the warehousing business. Make sure you choose the right warehouse for your company by researching the building's convenience, staff and amenities.
Where is Factory Space For Rent Near Me in Pretoria East?
Trying to understand commercial property lease terms can seem like navigating a mine field - there is plenty of new terminology and industry jargon to comprehend. When it comes to negotiating, some landlords may try to pass off a lease document as "a standard lease" that all tenants must sign. In many instances, unknowledgeable tenants could end up agreeing to terms that are less than favourable - which are in fact not standard policy. Be wary of the following clauses:
- Early Termination - this clause often allows landlords to terminate the lease early and reasons for the early termination may or may not be given. Resist the inclusion of such clauses in your negotiations.
- Default - be wary of onerous clauses that allow a landlord to evict a tenant if the rent has not been paid within a week of the due date. While it may seem standard, it is more typical for leases to stipulate written notice be given to tenants at least 14 days before any consequences are enacted. Negotiate for required written notice in the case of default.
- Redevelopment - try to avoid redevelopment clauses that allow a landlord to terminate the lease in order to redevelop or renovate the premises.
- Indemnity - be aware of indemnity clauses that indemnify the landlord against claims for loss or accidental damage by the landlord. Be sure to check your insurance policy to see if an indemnity clause on your commercial property could violate your policy.
- Handover dates - the handover date is the date the premises are turned over to the tenant to begin the installation of fit-outs, before the fixed commencement date of the lease. Avoid leases that allow a landlord to alter the handover date without compensation - as you could find yourself incurring substantial costs if you are delayed or caught unprepared for fit-out construction.
- Make good - a make good clause generally requires the tenant to leave the premises in good condition upon departure. This usually includes the removal of any fit-outs that were installed by the tenant during the term. If your premises come installed with fit-outs, negotiate to alter the "make good" clause to a general expectation to leave the premises in good condition and repair.
There are plenty of other clauses and terms that can be negotiated - from who is responsible for whose legal fees as well as any upkeep, repair and maintenance costs. Many businesses will find that they have much more success negotiating lease terms to help reduce their costs rather than trying to get a landlord to come down on price. A tenant broker service can help with the lease "legalese" - they'll help you get a better understanding of what your options are.
Renting a Warehouse For Long Or Short-Term Storage
Choosing to rent or lease warehouse space can be a very beneficial move for new or small businesses. When you rent warehouse space, you will save money and free up valuable office space in your facility. The extra space you have in your office or building will give your company greater potential for growth and flexibility.
The first thing you need to do when researching a warehouse facility for lease is identify the aspects of a storage facility that you require. Think about the items you will be storing in the warehouse and whether you need electricity, temperature control or running water. Will you need to conduct business from the warehouse? Some warehouse space for rent can only be used for storage. If you need to have employees working in the warehouse, you'll want to make sure the space has restrooms, proper ventilation and a break room. Some warehouses also have office space that you can use, as well as showers and couches for longer stays.
Be certain you fully understand your warehouse lease before you sign it. Ask questions of the landlord and make sure there aren't any hidden fees and expenses. You may want to have your attorney look over the warehouse agreement so you can have a better understanding of your rights as a warehouse tenant.