How Do you Select the Commercial Property or Warehouse To Rent in Johannesburg South?
A real estate agent listing a commercial property in Johannesburg South should undertake a detailed property inspection before they give any indication of price or rent to a landlord or property owner. In only this way can they really know what the property is all about; that is what positive and negative aspects the property can create as an investment of Commercial Real Estate Sites Near Me .
Every property is different and for that simple reason it pays to have some form of checklist to run through when as an agent you are listing the commercial property in Johannesburg South . The focus of the inspection will change depending on whether the property is to be for sale or for lease but here are some of the key issues that you would want to know about in listing of the commercial property for rent.
Interesting Facts About Warehouse and Commercial Property To Rent in Johannesburg South :
A major tool for businesses, especially within the last two decades, is outsourcing. Your company may outsource many services formerly done by internal departments and employees. While many people think of manufacturing and payroll as the major departments that are routinely outsourced, there is one that may surprise you: Warehousing.
Outsourcing your warehousing may be a necessity for your company, especially if you're a company on the East Coast that needs to efficiently get your products to the West Coast, or vice-versa. Renting warehouse space on the opposite end of the country to house your products is a form of outsourcing. Your company will operate more smoothly and save you money when you implement third-party logistics for your shipping, receiving and storage.
You will want to consider leasing a warehouse that will allow you to keep in touch with your inventory. Some warehouses have very high-tech logistics software that will allow you to track your inventory from over the Internet. This will give you the power to track and check your inventory yourself, rather than calling an operator and being put on hold while someone else checks for you.
Third party logistics is an ever-growing trend in the warehousing business. Make sure you choose the right warehouse for your company by researching the building's convenience, staff and amenities.
How Do You Market Commercial Real Estate for Sale or Lease?
Trying to understand commercial property lease terms can seem like navigating a mine field - there is plenty of new terminology and industry jargon to comprehend. When it comes to negotiating, some landlords may try to pass off a lease document as "a standard lease" that all tenants must sign. In many instances, unknowledgeable tenants could end up agreeing to terms that are less than favourable - which are in fact not standard policy. Be wary of the following clauses:
- Early Termination - this clause often allows landlords to terminate the lease early and reasons for the early termination may or may not be given. Resist the inclusion of such clauses in your negotiations.
- Default - be wary of onerous clauses that allow a landlord to evict a tenant if the rent has not been paid within a week of the due date. While it may seem standard, it is more typical for leases to stipulate written notice be given to tenants at least 14 days before any consequences are enacted. Negotiate for required written notice in the case of default.
- Redevelopment - try to avoid redevelopment clauses that allow a landlord to terminate the lease in order to redevelop or renovate the premises.
- Indemnity - be aware of indemnity clauses that indemnify the landlord against claims for loss or accidental damage by the landlord. Be sure to check your insurance policy to see if an indemnity clause on your commercial property could violate your policy.
- Handover dates - the handover date is the date the premises are turned over to the tenant to begin the installation of fit-outs, before the fixed commencement date of the lease. Avoid leases that allow a landlord to alter the handover date without compensation - as you could find yourself incurring substantial costs if you are delayed or caught unprepared for fit-out construction.
- Make good - a make good clause generally requires the tenant to leave the premises in good condition upon departure. This usually includes the removal of any fit-outs that were installed by the tenant during the term. If your premises come installed with fit-outs, negotiate to alter the "make good" clause to a general expectation to leave the premises in good condition and repair.
There are plenty of other clauses and terms that can be negotiated - from who is responsible for whose legal fees as well as any upkeep, repair and maintenance costs. Many businesses will find that they have much more success negotiating lease terms to help reduce their costs rather than trying to get a landlord to come down on price. A tenant broker service can help with the lease "legalese" - they'll help you get a better understanding of what your options are.
Where is Commercial Real Estate Sites Near Me in Johannesburg South?
If you ask any banker, he'll tell you that anything over 4 units is considered a commercial property. If you ask any municipality regarding their trash pick up, you'll get the same answer, ditto with insurance companies but are apartments really commercial properties?
When you think of commercial property, do you think of tall skyscrapers, office buildings and warehouses...and possible large apartment complexes?
Well, apartments over 4 units are commercial properties but there is one big difference between apartments and offices. One space is occupied by residents and the other spaces are occupied by businesses.
That's a big difference! Did you know the 3 out of 4 businesses go out of business after the first year? Ninety percent are out of business by year five! If your renting to businesses, chances are, your turnover rate is going to be higher than a residential property and you should know that tenant turnover is your biggest expense in any multi-unit property.
There is one other thing you should consider, when you're attracting a commercial tenant for your property, you usually agree to do a "build-out" which means you change the space to make it conform to the business. This could cost you thousands of dollars.
With an apartment unit, the "make ready" usually consist of paint and carpet. If more is needed, it's usually paid for from the previous tenants security deposit.
Yes, apartments over four units are considered commercial properties but as you can see, they are in a class by themselves when you compare risk versus reward.
Warehouse Space For Rent - Learn How to Save Time and Money by Making the Right Rental Decision
Originally the word apartment simply meant a room. However, today the word usually means a room or a group of commercial rooms in which an individual or a single family lives where several such the same are grouped into a single industrial building. It could also mean a group of buildings with a lesser amount of single Warehouse Space For Rent. These could be a six-plex or eight-plex or even a sixteen-plex of many.
The structure itself can also be called an apartment building, apartment hotel or even an apartment house. Those who live in apartments in such buildings share certain conveniences such as gas, heat, elevators. Warehouse and office space for rent could be shared. With escalating cost however, management has been converting individual meters for all or some of the cost in recent years.
As I touched on at the beginning, many apartments are clustered together to form small village-like groups. These may have their own schools and shops. A co-operative movement in apartments has also been successful! People buy their own apartment under this plan instead of paying rent. In my experience this being the case; they seem to take better care of their unit because of ownership.
In the United States as well as other countries the words "tenement" or "tenement" are applied to the older and cheaper group houses, particularly in slums. These are usually found in some of the largest cities where thousands of family's crowd together