Commercial real estate in Strijdom Park as an investment can provide great returns, but it can also cause some serious headaches if you do not do your homework and go into the deal with your eyes wide open. Commercial property can include residential multiplexes and apartment complexes as well as more traditional business and warehouse buildings. Whether you are buying commercial real estate for profit or simply to house your own company, before you buy you should do all you can to avoid the following common pitfalls.
Have a Thorough Title Search of [tag]
Before making any commercial real estate lease, whether it is residential or commercial it is essential to get a complete title search to identify any liens or other problems with the title. The [tag] is basically the history of the deed changing hands and whether or not there are any unresolved claims to the deed by previous lenders or contractors.
Renting a warehouse (or a portion of a warehouse) on a contract basis may be the best choice for your storage needs. Contract warehouses are perfect for storing large items or a considerable number of items, especially those that will need to be protected. Normal storage facilities can’t offer the protection and the amount of space that a warehouse can provide. You can rent warehouse space or commercial property for short-term storage needs, or for long-term storage and distribution.
Renting warehouse space on a short-term basis is perfect for when you are trying to get your small business off the ground. You know you’ll need a place to store and distribute items, and using your basement or garage just isn’t going to cut it. A small business won’t need the vast amount of space of an entire warehouse, and conversely, will need more space than what a household garage can provide.
How Do you Select the Best Commercial Property for in Strijdom Park?
A real estate agent listing a commercial property should undertake a detailed property inspection before they give any indication of price or rent to a landlord or property owner. In only this way can they really know what the property is all about; that is what positive and negative aspects the property can create as an investment.
Every property is different and for that simple reason it pays to have some form of checklist to run through when as an agent you are listing the commercial property. The focus of the inspection will change depending on whether the property is to be for sale or for lease but here are some of the key issues that you would want to know about in listing the property for sale.
- Ownership of the property together with the split if any on property ownership
- Decision makers for the ownership
- Location detail and survey plans of the plot
- Details of the improvements in the property
- Details of all the leases and occupancy documents that apply to the sitting tenants
- Tenant contact detail for access in further inspections
- Details of rental paid at the current time and how that is documented
- Vacancy factors and areas that are soon to become vacant
- Details of the expenditure to run the property both today and over the last 3 years (in this way you can check the way the property has performed)
- Orders and notices that may have been issued over the property and which remain outstanding
- Matters relating to current negotiations in leases for further terms or amended lease situations
- Details of any existing lease incentives that have been provided to tenants currently and which remain active for the future
- Access arrangements for people and vehicles getting into and away from the property
- Any encumbrances, liens, and interests from other properties in the area and that can impact the subject property
- Services and amenities that serve the area and the property
- Energy supply and energy consumption factors
- Environmental factors that are current or could impact the property usage
- Heritage matters that can impact the property
The list does not end here but it is a good summary of the main elements that apply in a property inspection. Any one of these items could have issues to impact the price of the property. Importantly you are finding the issues before you price and list a property.
When you have the property correctly documented it makes the sale and any lease negotiation much easier. Most buyers today will undertake their own due diligence in the sale and settlement process. Make sure you find the problems before the buyer does and have all the right answers ready.
Renting a Warehouse For Long Or Short-Term Storage
A warehouse is a commercial building used for storage of goods while warehousing is the process of proper storage and handling of goods and cargo using scientific methods in the warehouse and making them available conveniently when needed. In today's scenario, warehousing is considered as one of the most important aspect of trade.
Need for warehousing
- Some commodities are produced in a particular season only. To ensure their off-season availability, warehousing is needed.
- Some products are produced throughout the year but their demand is seasonal. Warehousing is important in such cases.
- For the companies which opt for large scale production and bulk supply, warehouse is an unavoidable factor.
- Warehousing help companies ensure quick supply of goods in demand.
- Production of goods and their movement of goods are important for the companies for continuous production of goods.
- Warehousing is also important for price stabilization. For necessary goods, the Government stores them in the warehouses and control its supply in the market as per the price fluctuations.
- Another important need of warehousing is for bulk breaking. Consider a trade agent who imports goods from a country for a large number of buyers in his own country. He first takes the goods to his warehouse and break it into small parts for supply to the buyers.
- When it comes to cost saving, warehousing helps the traders with cross docking. All the goods are consolidated in the warehouse and then stuffed into containers as per their destination. This is especially beneficial for small traders who export low quantity of goods.
Characteristics of an ideal warehouse
- It should be conveniently located near highways, railway stations, air ports, sea ports etc. for loading and unloading of goods.
- Mechanical appliances should be there to lift, load and unload goods.
- It should be spacious enough.
- Food storage warehouses should have enough facilities to prevent food from perishing.
- Proper arrangement to save goods from sunlight, dust, rain, moisture and pests should be available.
- Sufficient parking space should be there to facilitate quick and easy loading and unloading of goods.
- Security arrangements should be strict and round the clock.
- Modern and tested firefighting equipment should be installed in the premises.
Where Can You Compare Commercial Investment Properties to Lease?
A great opportunity presents itself today for businesses to invest in commercial real estate. The economy is right for lending to businesses. Acquisition of commercial property especially owner occupied property is easier due to the changes in the underwriting guidelines. Lending to businesses that have a proven track record of at least two years of operations will help to stimulate our struggling economy.
Businesses can benefit a great deal from owning the property where they conduct their operations. There are numerous tax breaks and income strategies that will improve the bottom line. The definition of owner occupied commercial property is that the business that owns the property occupies at least 60% of that property. The classification of owner occupied allows for higher loan to value ratios. That means a business can borrow more money against the property than if it was classified a non owner occupied investment property.
As stated earlier, now is a great time to find real bargains on commercial property especially in the Northern Colorado area. Location is not as important as it once was because the Internet (World Wide Web) has changed the way business is done and brought the world a little closer. There are still some areas of business that do depend on location; however the deals are still available. The investment of owning commercial property can be very lucrative and is worth the time to investigate the options available.
Business Properties Do Randburg PromotionS