How Do you Select the Commercial Property or Warehouse To Rent in Johannesburg West?
A real estate agent listing a commercial property in Johannesburg West should undertake a detailed property inspection before they give any indication of price or rent to a landlord or property owner. In only this way can they really know what the property is all about; that is what positive and negative aspects the property can create as an investment of Small Office Warehouse For Rent Near Me .
Every property is different and for that simple reason it pays to have some form of checklist to run through when as an agent you are listing the commercial property in Johannesburg West . The focus of the inspection will change depending on whether the property is to be for sale or for lease but here are some of the key issues that you would want to know about in listing of the commercial property for rent.
Interesting Facts About Warehouse and Commercial Property To Rent in Johannesburg West :
Originally the word apartment simply meant a room. However, today the word usually means a room or a group of commercial rooms in which an individual or a single family lives where several such the same are grouped into a single industrial building. It could also mean a group of buildings with a lesser amount of single Warehouse Space For Rent. These could be a six-plex or eight-plex or even a sixteen-plex of many.
The structure itself can also be called an apartment building, apartment hotel or even an apartment house. Those who live in apartments in such buildings share certain conveniences such as gas, heat, elevators. Warehouse and office space for rent could be shared. With escalating cost however, management has been converting individual meters for all or some of the cost in recent years.
As I touched on at the beginning, many apartments are clustered together to form small village-like groups. These may have their own schools and shops. A co-operative movement in apartments has also been successful! People buy their own apartment under this plan instead of paying rent. In my experience this being the case; they seem to take better care of their unit because of ownership.
In the United States as well as other countries the words "tenement" or "tenement" are applied to the older and cheaper group houses, particularly in slums. These are usually found in some of the largest cities where thousands of family's crowd together
Renting Warehouse Space For Your Personal Possessions
Trying to understand commercial property lease terms can seem like navigating a mine field - there is plenty of new terminology and industry jargon to comprehend. When it comes to negotiating, some landlords may try to pass off a lease document as "a standard lease" that all tenants must sign. In many instances, unknowledgeable tenants could end up agreeing to terms that are less than favourable - which are in fact not standard policy. Be wary of the following clauses:
- Early Termination - this clause often allows landlords to terminate the lease early and reasons for the early termination may or may not be given. Resist the inclusion of such clauses in your negotiations.
- Default - be wary of onerous clauses that allow a landlord to evict a tenant if the rent has not been paid within a week of the due date. While it may seem standard, it is more typical for leases to stipulate written notice be given to tenants at least 14 days before any consequences are enacted. Negotiate for required written notice in the case of default.
- Redevelopment - try to avoid redevelopment clauses that allow a landlord to terminate the lease in order to redevelop or renovate the premises.
- Indemnity - be aware of indemnity clauses that indemnify the landlord against claims for loss or accidental damage by the landlord. Be sure to check your insurance policy to see if an indemnity clause on your commercial property could violate your policy.
- Handover dates - the handover date is the date the premises are turned over to the tenant to begin the installation of fit-outs, before the fixed commencement date of the lease. Avoid leases that allow a landlord to alter the handover date without compensation - as you could find yourself incurring substantial costs if you are delayed or caught unprepared for fit-out construction.
- Make good - a make good clause generally requires the tenant to leave the premises in good condition upon departure. This usually includes the removal of any fit-outs that were installed by the tenant during the term. If your premises come installed with fit-outs, negotiate to alter the "make good" clause to a general expectation to leave the premises in good condition and repair.
There are plenty of other clauses and terms that can be negotiated - from who is responsible for whose legal fees as well as any upkeep, repair and maintenance costs. Many businesses will find that they have much more success negotiating lease terms to help reduce their costs rather than trying to get a landlord to come down on price. A tenant broker service can help with the lease "legalese" - they'll help you get a better understanding of what your options are.
Where is Small Office Warehouse For Rent Near Me in Johannesburg West?
Though it is certainly more common, and in many cases easier, to find deals with the single family houses, there are times when the opportunity presents itself to acquire a commercial property. And if you are a person who desires to pursue this venture, there are a few things you want to keep in mind when doing this. Following these simple steps can help speed up the process of getting some of these big deals in the pick line.
First, FFN offers a Commercial Property Boot Camp. This is a must if you want to pursue this arena of the real estate business. This course will teach you all the ins and outs of going through these business transactions. See the website if you want to know when the next one will be offered.
You will also want to keep your eyes open when you're riding around town, especially for fiz-bow signs (FSBO - "for sale by owner). If you see fiz-bow signs on big tracks of vacant land or any type of property, you will certainly want to call those numbers. When you are dealing with fiz-bow in the commercial property world, there is usually a reason they are trying to sell these properties themselves. And sometimes this can lead to some really good deals.
Warehouse Space For Rent - Learn How to Save Time and Money by Making the Right Rental Decision
Choosing to rent or lease warehouse space can be a very beneficial move for new or small businesses. When you rent warehouse space, you will save money and free up valuable office space in your facility. The extra space you have in your office or building will give your company greater potential for growth and flexibility.
The first thing you need to do when researching a warehouse facility for lease is identify the aspects of a storage facility that you require. Think about the items you will be storing in the warehouse and whether you need electricity, temperature control or running water. Will you need to conduct business from the warehouse? Some warehouse space for rent can only be used for storage. If you need to have employees working in the warehouse, you'll want to make sure the space has restrooms, proper ventilation and a break room. Some warehouses also have office space that you can use, as well as showers and couches for longer stays.
Be certain you fully understand your warehouse lease before you sign it. Ask questions of the landlord and make sure there aren't any hidden fees and expenses. You may want to have your attorney look over the warehouse agreement so you can have a better understanding of your rights as a warehouse tenant.