How Do you Select the Commercial Property or Warehouse To Rent in Boksburg?
A real estate agent listing a commercial property in Boksburg should undertake a detailed property inspection before they give any indication of price or rent to a landlord or property owner. In only this way can they really know what the property is all about; that is what positive and negative aspects the property can create as an investment of Commercial Real Estate For Lease Near Me .
Every property is different and for that simple reason it pays to have some form of checklist to run through when as an agent you are listing the commercial property in Boksburg . The focus of the inspection will change depending on whether the property is to be for sale or for lease but here are some of the key issues that you would want to know about in listing of the commercial property for rent.
Interesting Facts About Warehouse and Commercial Property To Rent in Boksburg :
A warehouse is a commercial building used for storage of goods while warehousing is the process of proper storage and handling of goods and cargo using scientific methods in the warehouse and making them available conveniently when needed. In today's scenario, warehousing is considered as one of the most important aspect of trade.
Need for warehousing
- Some commodities are produced in a particular season only. To ensure their off-season availability, warehousing is needed.
- Some products are produced throughout the year but their demand is seasonal. Warehousing is important in such cases.
- For the companies which opt for large scale production and bulk supply, warehouse is an unavoidable factor.
- Warehousing help companies ensure quick supply of goods in demand.
- Production of goods and their movement of goods are important for the companies for continuous production of goods.
- Warehousing is also important for price stabilization. For necessary goods, the Government stores them in the warehouses and control its supply in the market as per the price fluctuations.
- Another important need of warehousing is for bulk breaking. Consider a trade agent who imports goods from a country for a large number of buyers in his own country. He first takes the goods to his warehouse and break it into small parts for supply to the buyers.
- When it comes to cost saving, warehousing helps the traders with cross docking. All the goods are consolidated in the warehouse and then stuffed into containers as per their destination. This is especially beneficial for small traders who export low quantity of goods.
Characteristics of an ideal warehouse
- It should be conveniently located near highways, railway stations, air ports, sea ports etc. for loading and unloading of goods.
- Mechanical appliances should be there to lift, load and unload goods.
- It should be spacious enough.
- Food storage warehouses should have enough facilities to prevent food from perishing.
- Proper arrangement to save goods from sunlight, dust, rain, moisture and pests should be available.
- Sufficient parking space should be there to facilitate quick and easy loading and unloading of goods.
- Security arrangements should be strict and round the clock.
- Modern and tested firefighting equipment should be installed in the premises.
Real Estate Agents - How Do You List Commercial Property the Right Way?
Looking for the right rental property is a rite of passage for many businesses. Most discover that they can save time and capital by warehouse renting rather than purchasing their building. However, selecting the best site for a rental can be a difficult decision. More than one business has found itself stuck with steep fees and inadequate space because they didn't ask the right questions first. But finding the perfect warehouse space to rent doesn't have to be a painful experience. Read on for more details...
The first step before even starting to browse the available units is to know what you need. How are you going to use this space? Do you just need a big, empty room. Will the landlord pay for the utilities? If you are doing work in the warehouse, you'll want to look at electrical outlets, restrooms and the ability to maintain a constant temperature.
Finally, when choosing the right warehouse space for rent., always insure your equipment or any goods that will be stored at the location. In case of a fire or other disaster, your landlord's insurance is not going to cover your items, so you will need to purchase your own rental insurance. Not only do you need insurance for your inventory, invest in a good liability policy in case a worker is injured on the site.
By using these simple tips, you can find the right rental property. Carefully, read the contract provisions and then sign on the dotted line. Congratulations on taking your business to the next level with your new business space!
Where is Commercial Real Estate For Lease Near Me in Boksburg?
Trying to understand commercial property lease terms can seem like navigating a mine field - there is plenty of new terminology and industry jargon to comprehend. When it comes to negotiating, some landlords may try to pass off a lease document as "a standard lease" that all tenants must sign. In many instances, unknowledgeable tenants could end up agreeing to terms that are less than favourable - which are in fact not standard policy. Be wary of the following clauses:
- Early Termination - this clause often allows landlords to terminate the lease early and reasons for the early termination may or may not be given. Resist the inclusion of such clauses in your negotiations.
- Default - be wary of onerous clauses that allow a landlord to evict a tenant if the rent has not been paid within a week of the due date. While it may seem standard, it is more typical for leases to stipulate written notice be given to tenants at least 14 days before any consequences are enacted. Negotiate for required written notice in the case of default.
- Redevelopment - try to avoid redevelopment clauses that allow a landlord to terminate the lease in order to redevelop or renovate the premises.
- Indemnity - be aware of indemnity clauses that indemnify the landlord against claims for loss or accidental damage by the landlord. Be sure to check your insurance policy to see if an indemnity clause on your commercial property could violate your policy.
- Handover dates - the handover date is the date the premises are turned over to the tenant to begin the installation of fit-outs, before the fixed commencement date of the lease. Avoid leases that allow a landlord to alter the handover date without compensation - as you could find yourself incurring substantial costs if you are delayed or caught unprepared for fit-out construction.
- Make good - a make good clause generally requires the tenant to leave the premises in good condition upon departure. This usually includes the removal of any fit-outs that were installed by the tenant during the term. If your premises come installed with fit-outs, negotiate to alter the "make good" clause to a general expectation to leave the premises in good condition and repair.
There are plenty of other clauses and terms that can be negotiated - from who is responsible for whose legal fees as well as any upkeep, repair and maintenance costs. Many businesses will find that they have much more success negotiating lease terms to help reduce their costs rather than trying to get a landlord to come down on price. A tenant broker service can help with the lease "legalese" - they'll help you get a better understanding of what your options are.
Tips For Renting Commercial Property
Renting a warehouse (or a portion of a warehouse) on a contract basis may be the best choice for your storage needs. Contract warehouses are perfect for storing large items or a considerable number of items, especially those that will need to be protected. Normal storage facilities can't offer the protection and the amount of space that a warehouse can provide. You can rent warehouse space for short-term storage needs, or for long-term storage and distribution.
Renting warehouse space on a short-term basis is perfect for when you are trying to get your small business off the ground. You know you'll need a place to store and distribute items, and using your basement or garage just isn't going to cut it. A small business won't need the vast amount of space of an entire warehouse, and conversely, will need more space than what a household garage can provide. Renting warehouse space for your small business storage will give your home or office the space needed to do business, while your product is safely stored at a warehouse facility.
Remember, you're looking to rent a warehouse not just for storage, but also for processing shipping and receiving orders. If you just need a place to store items, a traditional storage facility may be better suited for the job. However, warehouses are available for short-term storage options for large items or for a lot of items. If you're moving, for example, and need to store a large quantity of household items, renting warehouse space may be beneficial. A warehouse has enough room for many large items. Costs vary, so research your options and choose the right one for your needs.