How Do you Select the Commercial Property or Warehouse To Rent in Johannesburg South?
A real estate agent listing a commercial property in Johannesburg South should undertake a detailed property inspection before they give any indication of price or rent to a landlord or property owner. In only this way can they really know what the property is all about; that is what positive and negative aspects the property can create as an investment of Commercial Real Estate Sites Near Me .
Every property is different and for that simple reason it pays to have some form of checklist to run through when as an agent you are listing the commercial property in Johannesburg South . The focus of the inspection will change depending on whether the property is to be for sale or for lease but here are some of the key issues that you would want to know about in listing of the commercial property for rent.
Interesting Facts About Warehouse and Commercial Property To Rent in Johannesburg South :
To sell or lease a commercial property as a real estate agent you have to tap into the target market and do it well. This says that you have to understand that target market in your location before you start the process of promotion. To define a target market is sometimes hard given the relative property.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What media will reach the target market in a direct and sustained way?
- What is the best time to promote the property to the target market?
- What is the capability of the target market to act and purchase the property at the moment?
- Why would the target market buy or lease such a property now or at any future time?
The internet today is playing a significant part in the promotion of property. It is cheaper but available to all in most marketing campaigns. It has a sustained promotional life and has the ability to capture enquiry for many weeks.
When the enquiry starts to come in, it should be captured and categorised. The value of a great database of buyers, sellers, landlords, and tenants is high in the operation of a real estate office. The more people you know the better the listings and enquiry will be. This is where a team of good salespeople all running an accurate database of well qualified prospects can make a significant difference in the market place.
Commercial Properties - Apartments
A real estate agent listing a commercial property should undertake a detailed property inspection before they give any indication of price or rent to a landlord or property owner. In only this way can they really know what the property is all about; that is what positive and negative aspects the property can create as an investment.
Every property is different and for that simple reason it pays to have some form of checklist to run through when as an agent you are listing the commercial property. The focus of the inspection will change depending on whether the property is to be for sale or for lease but here are some of the key issues that you would want to know about in listing the property for sale.
- Ownership of the property together with the split if any on property ownership
- Decision makers for the ownership
- Location detail and survey plans of the plot
- Details of the improvements in the property
- Details of all the leases and occupancy documents that apply to the sitting tenants
- Tenant contact detail for access in further inspections
- Details of rental paid at the current time and how that is documented
- Vacancy factors and areas that are soon to become vacant
- Details of the expenditure to run the property both today and over the last 3 years (in this way you can check the way the property has performed)
- Orders and notices that may have been issued over the property and which remain outstanding
- Matters relating to current negotiations in leases for further terms or amended lease situations
- Details of any existing lease incentives that have been provided to tenants currently and which remain active for the future
- Access arrangements for people and vehicles getting into and away from the property
- Any encumbrances, liens, and interests from other properties in the area and that can impact the subject property
- Services and amenities that serve the area and the property
- Energy supply and energy consumption factors
- Environmental factors that are current or could impact the property usage
- Heritage matters that can impact the property
The list does not end here but it is a good summary of the main elements that apply in a property inspection. Any one of these items could have issues to impact the price of the property. Importantly you are finding the issues before you price and list a property.
When you have the property correctly documented it makes the sale and any lease negotiation much easier. Most buyers today will undertake their own due diligence in the sale and settlement process. Make sure you find the problems before the buyer does and have all the right answers ready.
Where is Commercial Real Estate Sites Near Me in Johannesburg South?
Renting a warehouse (or a portion of a warehouse) on a contract basis may be the best choice for your storage needs. Contract warehouses are perfect for storing large items or a considerable number of items, especially those that will need to be protected. Normal storage facilities can't offer the protection and the amount of space that a warehouse can provide. You can rent warehouse space for short-term storage needs, or for long-term storage and distribution.
Renting warehouse space on a short-term basis is perfect for when you are trying to get your small business off the ground. You know you'll need a place to store and distribute items, and using your basement or garage just isn't going to cut it. A small business won't need the vast amount of space of an entire warehouse, and conversely, will need more space than what a household garage can provide. Renting warehouse space for your small business storage will give your home or office the space needed to do business, while your product is safely stored at a warehouse facility.
Remember, you're looking to rent a warehouse not just for storage, but also for processing shipping and receiving orders. If you just need a place to store items, a traditional storage facility may be better suited for the job. However, warehouses are available for short-term storage options for large items or for a lot of items. If you're moving, for example, and need to store a large quantity of household items, renting warehouse space may be beneficial. A warehouse has enough room for many large items. Costs vary, so research your options and choose the right one for your needs.
Commercial Properties - Apartments
Most business owners hire a lawyer for handling tasks such as renting commercial properties. In most cases, the tenants do not have a full understanding of the lease, thus putting them at risk for violating it through simple ignorance. Learn more about what every business owner should know about renting commercial properties.
Hiring an attorney is best for trying to make sense of a lease. Making sure you have a full understanding of all the details is important. This is especially true if you have several employees. Simple parts of the lease that surround destruction to the property could be a topic you might want to discuss with all of your employees.
The location you choose when you rent commercial real estate can have a profound effect on your production and profits. Making sure you select the location best for you is necessary to maintain your company in many aspects. Taking the time to shop around and to learn all the fine details of a lease can help you to experience more success.